Why do a growing number of Moms, Grandmothers, Athletes, Nutritionists, and Medical Professionals Choose Green Pasture Products Fermented Cod Liver Oil and X-Factor™ Gold Concentrated Butter Oil?
- Whole food form
- Wild, as provided by nature
- Real nutrition
- Natural fatty acid complex, nothing removed or changed
- Full, deep range of Vitamins A, D, E, K; CoQ enzymes; and other quinones
- Deep, rich, historical processing methods
- Non-industrialized production
- Clean, pure, and third party tested
- The fish used in our Fermented Cod Liver oil and Skate Liver oil are exclusively wild caught in and around the Bering Sea region and in the general area of the Aleutian Islands.
- Green Pasture Products™ is committed to providing our community with nothing but pure, unadulterated, non-industrialized oils produced by fermenting fish livers. This is a traditional or sacred production method that has been in use for thousands of years.
- We guarantee we will not compromise our products' nutrient quality and integrity by any industrial means that will damage or remove flavors, odors, colors, textures and/or nutrients.
- We exclusively use third party testing for our products.
Heavy Metals and PCB's
The United States does not have standards established for fish oils, but we do understand our community's concerns regarding man-made contaminants within our food chain. We test each lot to ensure its purity from man-made PCB's and heavy metals. We meet or exceed many international standards including:
- Norwegian Medical Standards (NMS)
- European Pharmacopia Standards (EPS)
- California Prop 65
Taste, Odor, Texture, Color
Fermented cod liver oil is totally different than today's industrialized fish oil. We guarantee not to do any processing that will affect the natural nutrient content of our fermented liver oils.
Take a moment and recall days gone by and the familiar pictures and stories of a mother chasing her kids around the kitchen with a spoon full of cod liver oil. The kids had a reason for protesting, the taste. While many people enjoy the 'wake me up' flavor of fermented cod liver oil, but others will find it takes getting used to. Our fermented liver oils have the same great taste, odor, and texture attributes as they have always had. These attributes include an acid feel on the throat, fish flavor, and sometimes a creamy texture.
We do offer flavors to assist those who prefer not to experience the full fish flavor of our oils.
Most issues concerning contaminants in our fish and other foods relate to the harvesting centers for the raw materials. PCBs and metals do not appear to be an issue unless you are consuming fish products that are farmed (which much of the cod is today), or harvested near industrial centers, including lakes and/or near or around rivers.
We start with only wild caught fresh livers harvested from the clean, pure waters of the Arctic region. Many fish oils are produced from fish that are caught in all oceans of the world, including areas near industrial centers, or they are farmed fish.
Environmental and Sustainability Statement
Green Pasture Products is committed to recognizing and implementing conservative environmental approaches whenever possible.All our fish products utilize fresh raw materials that are by-products. Green Pasture Products has received Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certification for its premium-quality Blue Ice™ Fermented Cod Liver Oil. The MSC—an international non-profit organization launched to safeguard seafood supplies for the future—is the world’s leading certification program for sustainable wild-capture fish and seafood products.
Green Pasture Products and all of its manufacturing partners have completed the MSC’s rigorous certification process, carried out by independent third parties. Certification follows the MSC’s Chain of Custody Standard, which ensures “ocean to plate” traceability back to MSC-certified sustainable fisheries. Green Pasture is one of only a handful of fish oil companies to have achieved the highly esteemed MSC ecolabel for its entire supply and manufacturing chain—from boat to bottle. Read more in our announcement.
We carefully choose our partners. We only choose a fishery if it meets the highest standards of quality and sustainability. That is the reason we choose Alaskan Leader Seafoods as our exclusive cod liver provider. Find more information of Alaskan Leader Seafoods, and our other providers in a sneak peek of our new website.