We get asked all the time “how do I get my kids to take fermented cod liver oil?”
Knowing that cod liver oil contains vitamin D that strengthen teeth and bones is one thing, but getting your 3 year old to take it is another. Time to get creative! Below you will find some ideas, along with links to recipes, for how to get the cod liver oil to taste better, and make it easier to swallow.
- Give it flavor! What about adding a hint of licorice, ginger, or lemon?
- Mix it into a smoothie.
- Add it to a tangy juice or kombucha.
- Try adding it to yogurt, raw cream, raw honey, maple syrup, apple sauce, or even peanut butter.
- Use a chaser. Try a slice of lemon or a crisp cucumber.
- Chug it! Watch this short video by Sarah Pope that shows you how. – Video on how to chug cod liver oil
- Use an ice cube tray and freeze it in small enough piece to swallow.
- Make your own vitamin gummies. Here are a couple of links for recipes to try.
Additional recipes to try
Comments are closed for this article!